Well, it's been a few days since I last posted, sorry about that. As far as news, the last few days, there hasn't been much new happening. Yesterday, Friday, I went in to be with Mom and Dad. Mom and I got out and about. A little change of scenery was needed on Mom's part. I'm sure Dad would like a little change of scenery too, and that is what we're hoping for today. Yesterday, Dad ate both breakfast and lunch. He said he was feeling better than he had in a month! When Mom and I got to the hospital we stepped out of the elevator and there he was sitting in the waiting room reading. He looks great! We sat and talked in the waiting room for a while and then went on a walk. Soon after his walk, Dad started shivering. This wasn't a good sign. It lasted for about 45 minutes. We covered him with warm blankets and it didn't seem to help. Finally we got a nurse to check his temperature. It was up to 103. Dad and Mom's hopes at coming home today were shot. Dad's appetite to eat was gone and morale was low. The nurse called the doctor and they did some cultures on Dad to see what could be wrong. Dad seemed to have a simple infection. They hooked him up to an antibiotic and we let him get some rest. We came back about 8:30 and his fever was down to about 100! He was looking and feeling much better and....our hopes were restored at his coming home! We're hoping that his digestive track is back online this morning and his appetite is back. The doctor won't send him home until he is functioning properly and eating regularly. We are just praying it is very soon. Both Dad and Mom are tired of being at the hospital, and I don't blame them one bit. After ten days, I'd be going crazy!
I know both he and Mom will feel better once he is home and things will get pretty much back to normal. Other than the infection, Dad really is doing great. I couldn't believe the difference a week has made. The way our bodies can heal themselves just amazes me. Once again, thanks for the prayers. We're just hoping he can come home very soon.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Carl, Linda,and family,
We really enjoy reading your blog. We think it is such a good idea. We just want you to know that we are thinking about you, and our prayers our with you. We hope that you will be able to come home soon. We love you. Cal, Jodie and family
Post a Comment