Well, it has been a little while since my last update, and Dad is looking great! He's been to work several times and has made a few laps around the block. His appetite is getting better and these are all good signs that he is healing from the surgery.
Mom and Dad went in last Thursday for their appointment with the oncologist. His treatments will start next Monday, October 13. He will go in this week to get a "permanent" IV put in and also to get a PT (?) scan. Each treatment will be administered through an IV and lasts for 48 hours, but, thankfully he will be able to go home for the bulk of the treatment. Then he is off the rest of the week and has to start over again the next week. At the end of the treatments (between 4 and 6 months), they will take another scan and see how the Chemo has worked. Hopefully it will do it's job and send him into remission.
Please keep him and Mom in your prayers as he starts on the next phase of healing. We love you all and appreciate your kind words and thoughtful gestures towards us all.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Like the Oncologist told Mom and Dad, "lets put this cancer into permanent remission!" Our prayers are with you both, Mom and Dad, and don't forget the words of President Uchdorf this past conference about "Hope!" We're with you, and we know that the Lord is, too!
I second Reed's comments!! This next phase is hard but we are all here for you and hope that you remember that. So glad that you have a good doctor. Remember this next little while, One day at time!!!
Love the Brintons
I've been checking in every couple of weeks. It's great that your dad is doing so well and up and about. I'm sure that helps, especially with his spirits. It sounds like you guys are all taking such good care of each other and that's great! Good luck with the treatments and hang in there!
I just caught up on this blog and am so happy to hear all of the positive news about your dad. I've been thinking about you a lot!
I love the very first picture you posted of your dad..the one with just him and your mom. I always thought Ty looked just like Justin, but seeing this picture, I think he looks a ton like your dad---especially that big smile!
Good luck to all!
Post a Comment