Monday, September 8, 2008

Coming Home!

Well, we have some good news! Mom called this morning from the hospital, and told me Dad is probably coming home tomorrow. We are thrilled! He was also able to eat breakfast this morning. I believe this is the first time he has had real food since last Tuesday. Being able to eat is a huge step, because it means his body is healing and functioning properly. He is also off of the oxygen and will probably be taken off the IV later today. He and Mom are also meeting with the Oncologist sometime today, and we will let you know how that goes.

We know his improving so quickly is due to his positive attitude and hard work, but we also know that your fasting and prayers have played a huge part in all of this. Thank you all for thinking of us and for your kind thoughts and prayers. I know I am not just speaking for myself when I say that I have felt peace and comfort this past week, we have all felt your prayers on our behalf.

3 comments:

kathrynbrinton said...

We are so thrilled Carl that you are doing so well. We know that you will continue to feel even better when you get home and out of the hospital. Your strong will and spirit are truly inspiring to us!! Keep healing and come back to the neighborhood fast!!
Love the Brinton

Anonymous said...

Uncle Carl, Aunt Linda and family, may God bless and be with all of you as you tackle this. I am very happy to hear that you are doing so well. I have you and the family in my prayers. Thank you for the blog it is a great way to keep those of us far away informed.
Love Maria and family

Anonymous said...

Dear Carl, and family. We too are happy to hear you are doing so well. Marti and I understand far to well what you are all going through. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Love Nic and Marti Dumas