Friday, September 5, 2008

Recovery from surgery

After a rough few hours immediately following the surgery, Dad is doing much better this morning. In fact, Ryan (second oldest son) is with him and describes him as looking and sounding 100% better. That is great news. The nurses are planning to have him up and walking a bit this morning, which is most encouraging.

The rest of the family is working to cover the bases and stay rested. We really appreciate all the calls and well wishes we've received.

2 comments:

Jenie said...

I'm so sorry about your dad! I had no idea..... what are they going to do from here? Is he going to start treatment? We will be praying for you and your family as you going through this together. I'm so glad you have Justin because I don't think you could have anyone by your side with more empathy than him. We'll keep our positive thoughts sent your way and keep hoping for the best. I know your head must be swimming, but just know we'll all be here for you! We love you and I'll be checking in often to see how everything is going. Tell your famiy hi and we're praying for all of you.

We love you,
Jenie & Family

Old Warrior said...

Our good thoughts and prayers are with you all. Let us know when Carl feels like having visitors.
Edges